testtest

BassCliff deciding on his 1st AR-15, HELP!

Well, for inspiration…here’s my early Z5RS (AP5 now) & High Power—I call that the “Nimrod Shot”.
IMG_1852.jpeg

And how it’s configured now (minus the RDS).

IMG_3067.jpeg

Someone is still chuffed about Operation Nimrod…
View attachment 65110View attachment 65111
Hans, I may have shared this with you before. There is a company (link below) who makes one of the ultimate HK gifts - an HK date code t-shirt that you can have your birthday done in HK code (@KillerFord1977 and I both have one) but you can also get a Project Nimrod date code shirt and hat.

Hi guys,

This is fabulous! Thank you all very much for sharing your insights. You guys are swell. A couple of names were mentioned that I had forgotten about. Too many choices. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
My opinion, stay away from Ruger. I have had a few brands but Ruger MPR was the worst. Bent barrel, bad bolt assy. It spent more time back a Ruger than it did in my safe. The best ones I had were a Springfield or a Smith & Wesson. I really liked the Smith. Good luck with whatever you chose!

@BassCliff . Upon further thought, just say screw it !! Go full bore …

KAC SR 15.

Run with the big dawgs … 🙂🙂🙂

View attachment 65140
I’ve been fighting the urge to recommend a MR556…

But since YOU went there….

I've read there are over 500 AR "manufacturers" but the vast majority are just assemblers. If I am buying a complete gun, I'm goiing to pick a company that has a real factory and makes their own products

I don't think DD is worth the $1,500 extra. Anything else on that list should bring you happiness.

I've read there are over 500 AR "manufacturers" but the vast majority are just assemblers. If I am buying a complete gun, I'm goiing to pick a company that has a real factory and makes their own products

I don't think DD is worth the $1,500 extra. Anything else on that list should bring you happiness.
A recommendation from someone who supports a party that wants to ban the very guns he recommends. 🙄

LONDON CALLING….

While we are enabling here, I would be remiss in not pointing out for Saint money you could get one of these and have ridiculous amounts more fun than an AR and instant street cred at every range you go to. Not to mention that suppressed this is a highly effective home defense gun.

View attachment 65103
And for a few gigs more you could have the gun to the right of this one. 226 Legion RXP SAO. You will OWN those targets.

Just pretend you never saw that Daniel H9. That was a fever dream I had.

View attachment 65104

MESSAGE OVER…
I have one too and I agree.

A recommendation from someone who supports a party that wants to ban the very guns he recommends. 🙄
Man, you guys are really upset these days. Don't worry. When they start polling likely voters instead of registered voters things will tighten up. It's still a toss up.

Man, you guys are really upset these days. Don't worry. When they start polling likely voters instead of registered voters things will tighten up. It's still a toss up.
Well, the word on the street is Trump is competitive in Virginia. That tells me that if he's competitive in a blue-ish purple state, he's almost definitely going to win either Michigan, Pennsylvania or Wisconsin. And if he does, what does that tell you ?

Well, the word on the street is Trump is competitive in Virginia. That tells me that if he's competitive in a blue-ish purple state, he's almost definitely going to win either Michigan, Pennsylvania or Wisconsin. And if he does, what does that tell you ?
C’mon guys, let’s not ruin this uber helpful post. We were talking about ARs. Like this one, the fine HR H012MX. Now that’s a sporting rifle.
IMG_7509.jpeg

Well if we are going 9 mm route. I know I’m in the minority here but I’m waiting on the Daniel Defense PCC to drop this quarter, 8.5 inch barrel, the SBR route. 16 inch pictured. Uses common and inexpensive CZ Scorpion mags.
IMG_1071.jpeg

PSA uses Toolcraft bolt carrier groups and there’s no point stepping up from that unless you go with a premium BCG.
They make some darn good "premium" BCG's as well. A number of manufacturers use their BCG's as well. I got one of their sale $70 BCG and for $70 it awful hard to beat, you can spend more money but is it really $150-$200 better?
Hard to think that it is.

Thanks guys!

I appreciate the lively discussion. To be honest, I'm a little surprised at all the love for PSA. But that's OK, I've been considering one of their upper mid-tier units for a while. But I'm also a little torn, being a Springfield fan boy and all. Before I put down the money I'm going to try the AR rentals at my range and check some used units at a LGS. My son-in-law has one or two in his safe. We haven't discussed those yet, don't even know the manufacturers. We'll have that discussion very soon.

Yes, I'd like a lever gun too. One at a time. ;)

Speaking of 9mm, I've also been considering a S&W FPC, just because I have so much 9mm. But I think that will be my  next rifle. You can find 556 and 223 at near 50 cents per round. I remember a few years ago that was a good price for 9mm. During the height of the scamdemic in CA, I once had to pay $60 for a box of WWB. How the times change. But I digress.

With my schedule this week I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to test dive a new rifle but it will be soon. My gig money is burning a hole on my pocket. :ROFLMAO:

BassCliff

They make some darn good "premium" BCG's as well. A number of manufacturers use their BCG's as well. I got one of their sale $70 BCG and for $70 it awful hard to beat, you can spend more money but is it really $150-$200 better?
Hard to think that it is.
Yep, I have a pair of their premium NIB in the safe right now, probably from the same sale. I also have a couple Aeros.

Thanks guys!

I appreciate the lively discussion. To be honest, I'm a little surprised at all the love for PSA. But that's OK, I've been considering one of their upper mid-tier units for a while. But I'm also a little torn, being a Springfield fan boy and all. Before I put down the money I'm going to try the AR rentals at my range and check some used units at a LGS. My son-in-law has one or two in his safe. We haven't discussed those yet, don't even know the manufacturers. We'll have that discussion very soon.

Yes, I'd like a lever gun too. One at a time. ;)

Speaking of 9mm, I've also been considering a S&W FPC, just because I have so much 9mm. But I think that will be my  next rifle. You can find 556 and 223 at near 50 cents per round. I remember a few years ago that was a good price for 9mm. During the height of the scamdemic in CA, I once had to pay $60 for a box of WWB. How the times change. But I digress.

With my schedule this week I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to test dive a new rifle but it will be soon. My gig money is burning a hole on my pocket. :ROFLMAO:

BassCliff
i have the FPC and it is a lot of fun to shoot. added benefit is if you have a full size m&p handgun the mags are interchangeable.

Back