testtest

BassCliff deciding on his 1st AR-15, HELP!

Hi guys,

Since there was a special sale at my range this weekend...

AP1GczNAiugMF9u3Fga17kgWufHtrlwMNDmZrdWgxuEAlVme-u-KyHWZJLbzgWIidT9FtX4zC2xBAecKwO3XQtmFa78zVVomii8DGgkD0E_tmCmhGSxXWZA1jtU15Cnztfd_TieGp-qTSWNq_F4bLwStOICaKg=w843-h927-s-no

...and I wanted to get myself a late birthday present, I stopped by after church to shop around. I probably could've gotten this scary black rifle for $100 or so less online but I wanted to help this mom-and-pop outfit put new shoes on their kids. I went ahead and bought an upgraded backpack style soft case, sling, sling mounts, and an extra mag.

AP1GczNkVKZee1_5X-OwINBAKjAIbETUAliG_tjsmOXb_2arj3TKdqFDXgEtY3CNmlleMdU9eE2NJslpjn4tsiyaWOC0pNL9HgE56zz8gxj9beT5BS72tYMFBaKzvC4pCprIM9cQqFjo3GB7Vt35Q49MqUqOqA=w1648-h927-s-no

It's a pretty standard Saint Victor. I'm gonna shoot it a bit before I start shopping for an optic. First I guess I'd better order up some ammo, and more mags. We're going on an adventure! ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi guys,

AP1GczNAiugMF9u3Fga17kgWufHtrlwMNDmZrdWgxuEAlVme-u-KyHWZJLbzgWIidT9FtX4zC2xBAecKwO3XQtmFa78zVVomii8DGgkD0E_tmCmhGSxXWZA1jtU15Cnztfd_TieGp-qTSWNq_F4bLwStOICaKg=w843-h927-s-no

...and I wanted to get myself a late birthday present, I stopped by after church to shop around. I probably could've gotten this scary black rifle for $100 or so less online but I wanted to help this mom-and-pop outfit put new shoes on their kids. I went ahead and bought an upgraded backpack style soft case, sling, sling mounts, and an extra mag.

AP1GczNkVKZee1_5X-OwINBAKjAIbETUAliG_tjsmOXb_2arj3TKdqFDXgEtY3CNmlleMdU9eE2NJslpjn4tsiyaWOC0pNL9HgE56zz8gxj9beT5BS72tYMFBaKzvC4pCprIM9cQqFjo3GB7Vt35Q49MqUqOqA=w1648-h927-s-no

It's a pretty standard Saint Victor. I'm gonna shoot it a bit before I start shopping for an optic. First I guess I'd better order up some ammo, and more mags. We're going on an adventure! ;)

BassCliff
Nice, as we get closer to Black Friday there is always killer deals on optics from places like optics planet or Primary Arms, Palmetto State.

Hi guys,

BassCliff

🎶Pie Jesu Domine, Dona eis requiem…🎶

1726490269574.gif

Forever and ever, Amen. Right, off to the gun shop.

Hi guys,

BassCliff
Congrats !

Gun day is fun day.

Also, job #1 is to swap out that horrible brake. The concussion from that will **** off every person next to you on any range you go to. 🙂

It works perfect for follow up shots in rapid succession for animals on the run, but to the detriment of everyone around you . So bad my fellow hunters told me to either leave that gun at home or swap out the brake.
Indoor is a horrendous concussion

Congrats !

Gun day is fun day.

Also, job #1 is to swap out that horrible brake. The concussion from that will **** off every person next to you on any range you go to. 🙂

It works perfect for follow up shots in rapid succession for animals on the run, but to the detriment of everyone around you . So bad my fellow hunters told me to either leave that gun at home or swap out the brake.
I agree 100%, i hate muzzle brakes. i take em off every one i own. and i don't shoot at a range. IMO they're not needed on a small arms rifle. i know people like them, but not me. lol

Congrats !

Gun day is fun day.

what would you suggest instead of the brake?

A flash hider.
There are plenty of styles to choose from
i thought you'd say that. illegal in nj, "evil feature" ☠️. i was asking because i just ordered an upper with an A2 flash hider that i'll need to remove and replace with either a brake or a comp (those are legal here, go figure). i don't want the brake because of the concussion. i was thinking of a linear compensator.

A guy i know bought a 50 cal with one of those huge dog knot brakes on the front. had four big holes on the side and kinda pointed back to the shooter. i bet this brake weighed 5 pounds. he had it on a bipod and after three rounds it had blowed all the leaves away from the side. lol i put my fingers in my ear and was standing at the side of it and crap it was still loud.

Back