testtest

BassCliff deciding on his 1st AR-15, HELP!

Small hijack,
Looking back at the toolcraft BCG's. Has anyone used the DLC (diamond like coating) BCG? There are supposed to be slicker than a NiB BCG. On top of the lubricity also advertised as easier to clean, grime wipes right off with rag.
First person knowledge?

Small hijack,
Looking back at the toolcraft BCG's. Has anyone used the DLC (diamond like coating) BCG? There are supposed to be slicker than a NiB BCG. On top of the lubricity also advertised as easier to clean, grime wipes right off with rag.
First person knowledge?
I've used DLC, NiB and super smooth nitrided BCGs like the ones that Faxon makes.

DLC and NiB are easy to clean, but DLC is dark so you can't see all the carbon like you can with NiB.

Only my Tier 4 Ars have phosphate (parked) BCGs nowadays.

I've used DLC, NiB and super smooth nitrided BCGs like the ones that Faxon makes.

DLC and NiB are easy to clean, but DLC is dark so you can't see all the carbon like you can with NiB.

Only my Tier 4 Ars have phosphate (parked) BCGs nowadays.
Thanks! I did buy the nitrided BCG the first time from Toolcraft. There's a $10 difference in price, DLC is the more expensive. While $10 will not break me it's always nice to have first hand experience views.

Hi,

Remember Bass, there is no rule that says you can have only one AR. Variety, some say, is the spice of life.

Yep, that's kinda the plan. I'm just considering the best starting point. ;)

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I might just have a couple more questions before I get started on this journey. I'll let you know.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I have an M&P Sport 2, been solid since day one. I have to concur with a previous poster about direct impingement vs. piston, get a piston if you can swing it. SO MUCH CLEANER! DI guns get dirty fast. Far less choices with a piston though....always remember, money can be replaced. Buy something and git started!

Back