testtest

New profile posts

You might call Ellis County Firearms in Texas for a 1911 Loaded.
He shows three in stock. I bought a Colt from hi a few months ago with no problems,

P
Philmo11
Appreciate the heads up. He has target models. I am not really interested in that big obnoxious rear sight they put on those. You can't change them out because they milled the slide to fit the sight.
New member. Would like to put glass on socom, any possibility or practicality to mount a cantilever w 3” offset to bring a vortex 1-6 or 1-8 from the forward scout picatinny rail to the rear? Thank you.
KillerFord1977
KillerFord1977
2nd.. you may want to post this on the main forum…

To answer:
You can but its an awkward mount. Can also reverse a cantilever by reversing it and screws, but may be a non natural fit.

Also, i run a very nice 1x6 Vortex and it seems a little to “less” magnification than I would want on an M1A.
I prefer the higher power on the reach out and touch M1A
GhostSpektre
GhostSpektre
I have a scout squad I am dressing up. Long eye relief scopes are a different breed. Looking for ideas. I hope the rings are the proper height.

Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7x32 Scout, Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescope - V-Plex Reticle , Black.​

Seems I may have some troubles with posting but I will try giving members something about. I am old, grouchy and really not worried what people think about me because I don't. I have carried a weapon for 70yrs both on and off duty and retired. I was in the service in the 50s and 60s and even in a hot zone in the middle east in the 50s and endured many countries some I liked some I did not.
Tinyman
Tinyman
I too have troubles with this new-fangled stuff but like you, they can kiss my grits. Which service were you an active participaant in? Air Force (24+ years) for me. Keep on keeping on fellow Vet -- we're all friends here.
S
Shattowalker
I was on a sea going greyhound, chased subs in the north Atlantic. back then we were the expendables. Some of my friends lost family in the 80s when the barracks was blown up and couple of buds came home in the middle 60s from Nam but left the hate and went to Thailand and lived out there last days.
inspectagadget
inspectagadget
Thank you for your service! Salud 🍻
I have a Springfield 45, I used CCI snakeshot, and the end of the cartridge broke off and jammed in the chamber. looked like a wedding ring in the barrel. CCI sent me 2 cartridges as a replacement.
anyone having this problem?
greywolf1961
greywolf1961
Not sure why you would be running snake shot in a SA 45. The appropriate firearm for that would be the Taurus Judge or other arms chambered in .45 Long Colt.
I just joined and I'm a new owner of a 1911. I found that the information on what not to do to your 1911 was very informational as well as important. I'm somewhat of a collector and always wanted to own my on 1911 45.
Reactions: BET7 and javbike
Ranger715
Ranger715
Hey there. Welcome aboard. Enjoy your new pistol. I like 1911's, but have never owned one. Someday, though my list of "would likes" is pretty long, and not matched by my financial resources!
javbike
javbike
Welcome aboard read the post Talyn posted on cleaning your 1911 very good infro
I just tried to install a set of pachmeyer wrap around grips on my sa 35 and they will not work. Mags will not feed into the mag well and if will stick like a bitch if you try to force them. Not every part will interchange.
I am a big 1911 fan. I shoot a Springfield armory 1911 operator and several kimbers. EDC is a Sig M11-A1, a SA sa 35 BHP look alike, or a Sig 1911 carry in 45 acp. Love them all and interested in any feedback on these pistols or hearing about your own.
Reactions: 10mmLife and BET7
BET7
BET7
Welcome to the forum @grunt6971. The following thread was posted some time ago and continually gets added to by new 1911 owners and purchases. Feel free to explore and post pictures of your’s if so desired. And again welcome aboard.

greywolf1961
greywolf1961
Huge fan of 1911s myself. I have Springfield, Kimber, Auto Ordnance, Rock Island and Sig Sauer. I even have a Coonan in my collection now. 1911 style pistols in 22 LR, 22 WMR, 9mm, 10mm, 45 ACP and .357 Magnum. The ergonomics are fantastic and the reliability and accuracy are awesome. It is so much fun hitting a steel 10" target at 100 yards with my SA MCP Operator in 45 ACP.

Attachments

• IMG_20200727_114907887.jpg
    IMG_20200727_114907887.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 177
B
Blair
My neighbor had passed and left me a 1911 Springfield.I looked into it further it was a 1911 A1 TRP
“Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.”
C
CharlieF333
1st of all, are you ok? What exactly happened? I mean circumstances? Apparently, it was catastrophic.
If that’s a SAI M1A? I would definitely get them involved
cico7
cico7
that is someone elses post i quoted and could not remove for some reason.
Thank you for asking.
Professional
C
chas1950
Don’t try and return anything to them. Watch their shipping charges!
smokybaer
smokybaer
I'm currently in a SOCOM build as a rebarrel for a family member.

The first 16 incher was in a homemade folding stock.
SOCOM Folder 01.jpeg

This current build wears a carbon fiber from BULA.
SOCOM Carbon 01.jpeg

The carbon build has a 4-12. The EoTech on the 1st rifle was a hoot taking out some invading 2-liter root beers and cheapo shaving cream.

Y'all stay safe!
Smoky
Blackfeather
Blackfeather
Life with those pistol grip stocks is so much better after you install an M14 EBR trigger shoe.

IMG_8277.1.jpg
Back